What can I say to shed some light on who my daughter is and how she makes me a better person every day? I simply adore her coy smiles, belly laughs and conversational babble. Her outlook on the world really does restore my innocence. Everything is fresh and safe and exciting in Kenna's eyes. I love watching her grow.
Speaking of which, she has grown so much. I think she got her build from Aaron's mom and sister; boy, is she long and lean! She is wearing 6 month clothes now. She is over 13 pounds :)
I believe she has started to teethe. Her sleep patterns have been all messed up. Last night for instance, I probably got a grand total of 4 hours sleep in between her fits every 45 minutes or so. She finally slept from about 5-7 am. Today was the first nap I have taken while she was asleep since she was a newborn. All my friends have warned me that once you get in a grove with your schedule, something will change. It's hard on my body! I can't imagine doing this 10 years from now. I better hurry and get all our kids born soon lol!
It was my first birthday as a mom. So wierd. So much of my life and world is about Kenna my birthday kind of felt like just another Saturday. Aaron did pamper me and was sooo wonderful, but it still felt different from birthdays in the past. I don't know why. It was strange, but good.
Kenna did some new things this month:
- we went to the petting zoo with some friends. She saw real live animals, but didn't react to them yet.
- she rolled over on her own from back to front.
- aunt Kenzie, Erica, Georgia, the Briggs, Camille, Jackie, Kate, the sowashes, and the Piedras all came over for visits. ( along with gma and gpa , aunt Kristen).
- great grandpa bud and great grandma Millie came over and couldn't believe how strong Kenna is. She was standing on their laps and they couldn't believe it!
Right now her favorite things are:
-baby gund caterpillar with bells inside
-pease porridge hot rhyme with clapping
-activity gym while listening to baby einstein
-mother goose nursery rhyme book
-looking in mirrors
-bouncing on my knees
-going for walks
-sophie the giraffe
-baby gund musical lambie
-footie jammies
-snuggling
-peak a boo
-her swing
-making the brr lip buzz sound
-sucking her hands















So glad we get to be mothers together and best friends! We love Kennedy and can't wait for our little girls to love each other!
ReplyDeleteI agree, Nell! It's wonderful!
Delete