It's hard to believe that Kennedy is now three months old. Her first year of life is already 25% over. And now she is no longer considered a newborn. Her activity level and her sociable skills are also growing to the point that I actually believe she's a little girl.
Kennedy is very social. She will talk all day long with us making sounds with her lips, moving her jaw, and sounding out all the vowels. One day she was imitating my vocal inflections, and I swear she said mama. Another day she started using the GL sound. When aunt Kenzie came over to visit, she made the sound of the word hi even though she didn't know that's what she was saying. It was so cute.
I went back to work last week and it was such a huge adjustment. Kennedy has been refusing the bottle. There have been many tears on her side and many worried thoughts on mine. I know she will be fine and it will just take time-that's what gets me through the day. That and knowing that When I get home from work I get to cuddle, kiss, and love on my beautiful baby girl.
My dad mentioned something to me the other day that really struck me. He said," she will never be as small as she is today again". I realized that every day she keeps growing and growing and she will only be this small once so I need to appreciate that.
Kennedy did a lot of new and exciting things this past month:
-She went on a road trip to Lansing.
-She was invited to her first birthday party for Jonelle.
- She went on her first run with mom.
– She went out to eat for the first time.
– She laughed, wiggled across the floor, sat while holding her head up.
I remember when Kennedy was born and she went down to 6 pounds because she was having trouble latching on. I was so worried about her and I thought she was in big trouble. Now she weighs almost 12 1/2 pounds and she's busting out of her three-month clothes. It's amazing how she how strong she is, how persistent, and how independent she already is. She's quite the little person.











No comments:
Post a Comment